top of page

Access America - Live and Fly in USA

As you know, there is currently a pilot shortage in the US. To encourage the arrival of qualified professionals, including pilots, to the United States, the USA government created a visa program for international professionals wanting to provide their skills by working in areas of national interest.

The National Interest Waiver (EB-2 NIW) visa assists professionals, including pilots, with outstanding experience and academic background, and is designed to grant the right to legally work and live in the USA with a Green Card. We have seen many cases where a foreign pilot can apply for the EB-2 NIW without even needing a job offer in the USA, based merely on their qualifications.

Normally, it is necessary that you have a job offer or sponsor to get permanent residency in the US. This requires the approval of the US Labor Department before you can start with the immigration process. This option normally is time extensive, but the EB-2 NIW is another option allowing you to apply without having a job offer, or a sponsor. Our legal team will need to demonstrate that it will be in the national interest that you as a pilot will need to come and work in the USA.

Our legal team have prepared and seen the successful approval of numerous EB-2 NIW applications for all kinds of professionals, including pilots. Even though we cannot guarantee a positive result, the approval rate of the EB-2 NIW is above 80%.

The process requires extensive documentation and preparation of forms to build a compelling petition that will be submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Once the petition with all the documentation is submitted, it normally takes approximately 7-18 months, depending on your country of residency, for USCIS to respond with a decision. However, we are offering an expedited service that takes between 15 days and 3 months.


  • US Green Card for the applicant and family members (Spouse and children under 21).

  • Right to live, work, and study in the USA.

  • Pathway to US citizenship after 5 years of residence in USA.


  • Applicants must have 10 years of experience as a pilot or bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ work experience as a pilot or a related advanced degree with a minimum of 5000 hours as Captain or First Officer.

  • Valid FAA or ICAO pilot licence.

Must have at least two of the following requirements:

  • Salary in the top 70% of pilots in country of employment at some point in last 5 years.

  • Proof of membership in pilot professional association(s).

  • Recognition of achievements in the aviation industry from peers, government entities, professional or business organizations.

  • Other comparable evidence (anything that makes your training and/or experience special or noteworthy, including management and/or training duties)

If you are interested in starting a new life and new pilot career in the United States, please contact us for more information on Brookfield’s Access America programme


Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page